Saturday 12 September 2015

100 day writing challenge

Hello my lovely readers,

I know I was a bad blogger and disappeared (again!) but it wasn't for long this time, we all know that work can get a little hectic sometimes and its just been one of those times. But I'm back with a personal challenge!

Recently I have found myself writing more and more, from novels (more about these in a later post) to articles, to short stories. I've even started dabbling in flash fiction (for those unaware, this is the art of telling a story in less than 500 words, sometimes with less than 100; you get the picture). Scribbling potential storylines on pieces of paper, drafting out random scenes with the hope of gathering enough that I can pull together a publishable novel or anthology of short stories.

But never consistency!

So here's the plan, for the next 100 days [Today being September 12th 2015, ending on December 20th 2015] I plan on writing a minimum of 100 words a day. These 100 words can be on anything I want, (once my Master's Degree has begun, words written for assignment and/or revision will not count) majority of which will consist of random scenes, flash fiction and extremely short stories.

I have got a few longer short stories I want to work on in this time also, so rewrites are permitted, however words only count if they are totally new elements (not just changing a sentence around or sorting punctuation, but adding sections or replacing sections count towards daily word goal).

I may even try my hand at poetry (and everyone laugh... I'm as poetic as a stinky old boot... truly).

Now within this time scale a very happy (if not totally bonkers, stressful and slightly homicide inducing) time period is found... NaNoWriMo!!!



I do plan on participating in NaNoWriMo this year, and so towards the end of October plans about the Novel will be creeping into my word goals. Obviously during the month long event, my daily word goal will be slightly higher than 100 words... try 1,667 words to be precise (but like a lot of people participating, my goal will be 2000 as its a slightly more round number...if not still insane).



How will this effect my blog I hear you all cry... buzz goes the computer... for these 100 days I plan on posting my writing on here EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen. You're getting commitment to one post a day for 100 days!

I will be posting every piece of writing I complete during this challenge... with the exception of NaNoWriMo, during November I will be summarising the contents of what I completed each day with the addition of revealing more about the Novel, its characters, feelings, plans... the works; you'll see me win or lose, but you will see me to the very end.

Now I know that this is a lot of writing... but all I ask of you my lovely readers; is that you read, if you can think of improvements please pop them in the comment section below. I do take all suggestions (good, bad and ugly) into consideration and they do help shape each piece I work on (remember the 'running shoes' post apocalyptic short story... its currently being reworked, extended and honed using the feedback I received after posting it on here!). Share the bahgebbers out of each one and don't forget to click the little follow button over there so you get them straight away.

So will you take up the challenge (obviously change the rules to what suits your current situation)? Pop a link to your blogs below this post so I can follow and we can keep each other supported!

Day 001 writing to follow shortly!

Loves you all,
Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment