Monday 14 September 2015

Day 003: Dream Catchers

Work was never 'boring'.

I never left work thinking ugh.
 
I never left work period.
 
That's the problem being a dream catcher, they all think that everyone only dreams while they are asleep. They are all wrong.
 
I hear every thought, by every person. Every moment. Every day.
 
Scanning, watching, waiting for someone to think something prohibited; you see after the rebellion of 3015 the government wanted to make sure no-one could start one again. So many deaths.
 
There's only one mind they couldn't read... mine.
 
They didn't know I had been slowly hacking into each server, one by one, slowly over the last ten years. Slight disruptions that only I could see. That I would notice.
 
And how did I know that I was the only one who noticed?
 
They pay me to make sure. Someone thinks it, I change it to a thought of rebellion and 'goodbye'.
 
Until I was ready to press the master button.
 
Then they would shut up for good.

3 comments:

  1. Loved this! very thought provoking, interesting and left me slightly paranoid! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is definitely going in the 'make into at least a short story pile' hehe.... need to get better at naming lists!

      Delete
  2. I wanted to read further. It's well written.

    ReplyDelete