Sunday 15 February 2015

Cryptic musings of a wanna be writer

Holding my breath seemed to sap the life from my muscles, each second getting closer to the burn building in my chest and the sudden gasp that will inevitability follow... but I must hold still... they must think I'm dead... so I hold still; deadly still.

Their smoky essence drifted over me as they searched my body, thinking im a victim of an ever raging war they loot the little money from my pockets and begin to move towards the others; only they weren't holding their breaths anymore.

Their footsteps faded, the muscles in my chest and throat relaxed but the first tears reached my cheek before my lungs were full of air once more. Screams filled my mind but could never reach my lips, they were frozen together knowing they... whatever they are, would hear me... I had to be silent.

My eyes scanned the body-littered alley before my legs would dare to work, memories of my childhood flashing before me as I look into the sparkless eyes of my best friends. My knees cracked as I knelt by Joe's side, his skin was still warm but the blood pooling on his chest was seeping the warmth from him... he was the first person to ever hug me and mean it... first person to love me and mean it... the bottom of my world shattered as the first sobs escaped my lips.

It was hours until they found us...

3 comments:

  1. This is the opening few paragraphs of my current works that needs a lot of work... the books is based on the invasion of an alien race and the creation of monster fighters... inevitably resulting in the enslavement of the human race.

    please post a comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Sounds like it will be an interesting piece. I also have a writing blog that I was wondering if you could check out. I would love to have some feedback from you.

    writingsandpoemsfrommyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to continue giving sneak peaks into this novel over the next few weeks; your blog looks amazing, I'm not a big poetry person and dont probably appreciate it they way others would, but I have passed on the link to some of my poetry friends.

      Delete