Friday 6 March 2015

Charity book haul... because it was for a good cause

I         am         terrible...

I         need       help!
 
Let's face it... I'm not getting any help with this!

So my wonderful readers I bring you my small charitable book haul; now I know that I am technically on a book buying ban *cries* but who can resist a newly stocked charity shops with bookshelves crammed with new and old books alike... and did I mention the buy one get one free sale... I swear I did :-)

 
So I have bought several books from my library sale case and from a local charity shop that had a wonderful sale... and no one can be angry for me giving money to charity... so no one be angry. Lets have a look at these books!

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

 
Now I believe that this is a non-fiction about a culture I know very little about... Geisha... and I am fascinated! This feels like a book to settle down with when you don't want a heavy paranormal romance or dystopian... and little to say I might actually learn something from this.
 
Abhorsen & Across the wall by Garth Nix
Books #3 and #4 of the 'Old Kindgoms Series'
 
Now I already own 'Sabriel' which is book one but I am yet to start this series... but I have heard nothing but amazing things! Booktubers have been raving about this series for God knows how long and its about time I settled into it! Now to just find the second book in a charity shop and I'll be set!
 
Fire after dark by Sadie Matthews
 
Now this is definitely not a young adult book... especially when the sticker on the front asks if 'Fifty shades left you wanting more'; now I am a huge fan of Fifty shade and have reviewed the entire series *I'll link below!* and I have read several other 'erotic' based novels before and this one sounds amazing!! I will be posting a review about this book as soon as its read because I'm starting to believe that after Fifty shades everyone is writing erotic based novels but they make it totally about the sex and struggle to find a storyline... hopefully the 'fire after dark' will show a different path!
 
Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
Book #2 of 'The Immortals' Series
 
Okay I own 'Evermore' but have never read it and frankly I don't know much about it; I know that it is a paranormal romance style of book and lets face it... I am on a paranormal romance hype right now... so we all know that these will be read soon!
 
World Ward Z by Max Brooks
 
We have all seen the wonderful Brad Pitt in the movie adaption of this book and that was before even knowing it was a book to start with! Now everyone knows that the books are always better than the movies... but this has a lot to live up to. With 'World War Z' being one of my favourite zombie movies of all time I am hoping the book will really knock me off my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment