Wednesday 11 March 2015

REVIEW: why the 'sin eaters daughter ate away my book love!

The SineEater's Daughter by Malinder Sailsubry
The Sin Eater's Daughter #1
Page: 336 pages
Star rating: 1 star

One word review: terrible

'I am the perfect weapon.
I kill with a single touch.

Twylla is blessed. The Gods have chosen her to marry a prince, and rule the kingdom. But the favour of the Gods has it's price. A deadly poison infuses her skin. Those who anger the queen must die under Twylla's fatal touch.

Only Lief, an outspoken new guard, can see past Twylla's chilling role to the girls she truly is.

Yet in a court as dangerous and the queen's, some truths should not be told...'


Okay, I know that this book has a huge fan base already but to me it just didn't hit it off... *sigh*... I was on a really big fantasy high when I started reading this and at the beginning I started to question why I was reading it!

Now I know that the first book in a fantasy series is all about the set up but jeesh come on... I mean I didn't feel like anything had happened by the 100th page so I put it down. Now I really don't like not finishing books but recently I've decided that if the book hasn't gripped me in any way by the end of the 100th page, I will put it down... mainly for the fact that my book shelves are currently overflowing with books from my TBR pile that I could be reading instead!

So what I gathered from the first 100 pages was that this is a mix between 'Shatter me' and The 'Throne of Glass' Series... imagine a girl who's touch kills and she is hired by the 'Evil' rulers to kill their enemies... this kind of theme is starting to get boring... *in my honest opinion*

Now this book wasn't totally terrible... there was some beautiful writing but it wasn't enough to make me want to finish the book unfortunately. Although this book had a lot of potential the first book was a real disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment