Wednesday 9 July 2014

Booktube-a-thon 2014

Booktube-a-thon


The booktube-a-thon is coming and coming fast... in a few days the challenge starts and trust me I am competing this year!!!!
 
So the 14th to 21st will be dedicated to reading and I know I know that the last two read-a-thons literally blew up in my face. But this time I am going full force and I know what has helped me mould my really long TBR list.... THE CHALLENGES!!!!!

So first I am going to thank Ariel Bissett for creating this wonderful even that truly brings the book world together... if you want to check out more about the challenges please watch her wonderfully hilarious and inspiring video:

So I have based my TBR list on two things...
  1. Firstly the reading challenges... I decided to aim for a separate book for each challenge with no overlays.
  2. Secondly from my vast TBR pile/ bookcases!! Since no aim was to reread a book its going to really help get through this monster amount of books.

So here is my TBR based around the reading challenges:

Challenge 1:

Read a book that contains pictures:-

For this challenge I have decided to go back to my childhood and read Matilda by Roald Dahl. This book contains many humorous pictures based on the story and is 232 pages long.

Challenge 2:
 
Start and finish a whole series in the challenge:-

For this challenge I have decided to tackle an infamous series which I should have read AGES ago and just haven't gotten around to it... the Divergant Trilogy by Veronica Roth. This trilogy contains, Divergant, Insurgant and Allegiant containing 487 pages, 525 pages and 526 pages respectfully.

Challenge 3:

To read a book with red on the cover:-

So there are many books already in my TBR pile that contains red on the cover however to keep with my personal aim of reading a separate book for each challenge I have decided to read Half-Bad by Sally Green which contains a lot of red and is a book I have been meaning to read since its release. The total page count for this book is 384 pages.

Challenge 4:

For this challenge someone else needs to pick a book:-

So I roped in my mom to help me pick this one; of course she was really shocked and slightly angry at the number of books I own that I haven't read... so after looking at the list for over an hour she decided on The Screaming Staircase by Jonathon Stroud This book was a gift however the concept of paranormal activity intrigues me as I haven't read many books in this area.... ever! The total number of pages for this book is 453 pages.

Challenge 5:

For this challenge I have to read a book from the genre least read this year:-

So for this I have decided that since I was already reading a paranormal books for a different challenge and I am currently reading a historical book before the challenge; that I would read The Reckoning by Jane Cassey. The total number of pages in this book is 483 pages.

Challenge 6:

For this challenge I have to read and watch a movie adaptation:-

So technically I am breaking my own challenge of reading purely from my TBR pile as I don't have any books (that aren't already in this read-a-thon) that have movie adaptations. So I have decided to go for Harry Potter and Philospher's Stone by J.K. Rowling. Okay so this may be an obvious choice but I have considered some positives for reading this; it is a very quick read with 223 pages meaning I should be able to easily whiz through the book in a few hours and since I have quite a few larger books in the challenge, a smaller book may be beneficial.

Challenge 7:

This is not a specific book challenge; it is an overall challenge for the read-a-thon, the challenge is to read 7 books in total or the equivalent to 300 pages a day:-

My total number of books for the challenge stands at 8 books; with a total of 3313 pages. If all books are read I should complete both elements to this challenge as it will average out to 473 pages per day. 

So now its your turn; what are you reading for the challenges? Do you plan on completing just the reading challenges or are you braver than me and do the video challenges too?

Please leave your comments below x

No comments:

Post a Comment