Tuesday 8 July 2014

Waterstones.... you disappoint me!!!!!

A great disappointment...

Okay I am going to start with a bit of a rant!!!

One of the largest bookstores in the UK is Waterstones; this has long been my favourite shop anywhere and I have literally spent days wondering through the shelves picking out piles of books for my eyes and mind to devour.

Alas... everything has to come to an end...

Two months ago I ordered several books from America through Waterstones; the entire Shatter Me series and Legend. Over the next two weeks I received messages telling me to collect some of them... of course the moment I received the messages I was at the store. I collected the first two books of the shatter me series and Legend however weeks passed and I hadn't heard anything about Ignite Me... the final book in the series so I decided that I needed to go and find out what was going on.

I walk into Waterstones full of determination... thinking that they had simply forgotten to message me when the book arrived and that it was safely waiting for me in the back. NO this was not how this tale ended. I asked the lady at the counter about it and after waiting a great deal of time watching her hum and argh at her screen she said that it hadn't arrived and she doesn't know why the person had taken my money for this book since it wasn't available in the UK as they didn't have a licence!!!!!!!!!!

This led to a big row because they refused to give me my money back and I received a lot of aggression when I asked why they would take money when they knew I wouldn't be able to get the book and whether they would ever in fact get in touch to say that  I was entitled to a refund??!!!!???? I think they found an easy way to pocket an extra bit of cash...

Now this story has another element....

When I went to order these books I also enquired about the Divergant trilogy which I was quickly told that they didn't have the licence to sell this trilogy. However walking passed Waterstones a week later and in the window was the full set of the Trilogy....

so to summarise I was lied to and they tried to keep my money and hoped I wouldn't notice that one book out of my order was missing.... EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment