Friday 11 July 2014

Reading before Booktube-a-thon... reviews...

The two books...

Well if any of you have read my previous post about 'that one book' you will know that one of the books I have attempted to read before the start of the booktube-a-thon is 'Throne of Caesars: Iron and Rust' which blew up in my face because it was just a book that numbed my mind and drew my will to read from my very core.

So the second book is again one from my very long and embarrassing TBR list; it is the third Percy Jackson novel, 'Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse'. Okay so this is the worst Percy Jackson book as of yet, its not a bad book but it felt like it hit a slump; I know its meant to be building everything up for the final two books but nothing drew me in.

The start of the book was really slow... to the point that I had to put it down for nearly a month before I found the will to try and push passed the invisible wall in the words.

I don't think the characters were developed as much as previous books especially since some of the characters were pretty big for the book. Take Zoe; we learn nearly nothing about her?? She had a bad experience with Hercules; okay, but it only really slightly effects one element of the story but its made out to have more of an impact??

Also the prophecy wasn't completed; there were elements unanswered or they were just not directly.

Overall the book lacked sustenance; there was nothing to dig your teeth into, the events went really quickly and there was nothing to hold you to a scene.

For a quick review I would give this particular book 3 stars (***) however I will be doing a full series review once I have completed the 'Last Olympian'.

I am aiming that I will be able to complete these two books before the start of the booktube-a-thon; if not the last one will be finished at the very beginning pushing my enormous task even higher. I am hoping to get my reviews up the week of booktube-a-thon but I have set myself a mammoth task so I may only be able to get up brief daily updates. Cant wait to see what you are all reading.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this book or the series as a whole; please leave a comment below or a link to your blog or videos on youtube, i'd love to check them all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment