Sunday 20 July 2014

#booktubeathon days 4,5 & 6... kinda okay...

Okay well this is the last little update before my big run down tomorrow night when the #BookTubeAThon finishes... so once again I am covering three days... two of which were extremely unsuccessful [hence no updates].

Look back on end of Day 3: So at the end of the last post I decided that  if I have time I would finish of Half Bad by Sally Green and attempt to read the fast track classics version of The War of The Worlds by Pauline Francis. I am extremely happy to say that I completed both of these books in the time before I went to bed.

Day 4: Today I started The Screaming Staircase by Jonathon Stroud albeit a small amount of reading was actually done...  the first chapter to be precise. However the rest of the day was extremely busy and I didn't get any more reading done. Okay I know its bad but I had a girls day out with my closest friend Theresa and we had a blast; had a wonderful pub lunch and a very successful shopping trip.

Day 5: NO READING AT ALL :'( So I had an extremely bad night with thunder and lightning with dogs that are terrified. So all day I had a migraine and felt sick... so as you can imagine no reading was done.

Day 6: So today is the last but one day of the #BookTubeAThon and my reading bug was back in full swing. I managed to complete the screaming staircase as well as half of The Reckoning by Jane Casey.

#BookTubeAThon stats:

 
Total books read: 7
 
Total pages read: 2746
 
Challenges complete:
  • To read a book to movie adaptation: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
  • To start and complete a series: The Divergent Trilogy
  • To read a book with red on the cover: Half-bad
  • To read a book that someone else has picked for you: The Screaming Staircase
  • To read a total of 7 books: Those above plus 'War of the Worlds'.

Challenges currently completing:
  • To read from the genre least read this year: The Reckoning as a crime novel.
Books left on TBR pile:
  • Matilda by Roald Dahl
Additional books:
  • Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
  • Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment