Thursday 21 August 2014

Bout of Books 11.0- Day 4... worst day yet!

Okay ladies and gentlemen I'm going to take you through my day... I woke up at 4:30 this morning because of this stupid stomach bug I have which meant I was too tired to do anything; I managed to miss my mouth with my morning tea... jeez my mouth is big enough not to miss.

Then I find out that my entire family is going out for the day; one part going to the sea side and a long drive and the other going to London zoo which meant I was left to dog sit at my sisters which is a 20 minute walk from my house. But first I had to clean up as my family left without tidying anything; okay I didn't mind this what-so-ever because they have cleaned up after me loads of times.

So I leave for my sisters and I am tripped and gash my knee; and if I may say ruined my favourite jeans! So the 20 minute journey then turned into a 45 minute hobble since I twisted my other ankle as I fell... as this was another health problem I needed right now!

So I finally get to my sisters where I find that she forgot to put the dog in his cage before she left and so he had destroyed half of the living room; including several pairs of my niece/ nephew's shoes and clothing. I cleaned up... again. Do you know how hard it is to pick up torn up clothing when it feels like your knee cap is dislocated? It's difficult!

So I finally settle and manage to read the first 113 pages of 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' by Laini Taylor; however the day had started to get to me and I just couldn't make myself turn anymore pages, which may I add was nothing to do with the book because I found it both fascinating and thrilling to read. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to rest a bit more and complete the books I own for this series!

Read-a-thon Stats:
 
Books complete: 6
Books reading: 2
books left on tbr pile: 1
Total pages for today: 113
Total pages: 1493 / 2667 
 
I hope that you are all having a wonderful day... or at least better than mine.
 
Many thanks,
Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment