Friday 22 August 2014

Bout of Books 11.0- Day 5

So today was all about rest and relaxation since yesterday; I spent a lot of time in bed or lying on the sofa; true a lot of time was spent sleeping since I once again didn't get a good night sleep. However I am pleased to announce that I have completed more reading than yesterday.

So I sat down with 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' by Laini Taylor; and completed the last 305 pages; this seemed pass extremely quickly given that I still cannot fathom out the true/ main plot? There seems to be a collaboration of minor plots thrown together into one book. My other issue in the book was point of view; there was no indication that the point of view was changing; it started as just the main character, then another point of view and by the end there were several and I had no idea who was who; they didn't seem to have different speech patterns or thinking patterns which made it extremely hard to distinguish.

Well after finishing this I decided my eyes needed a break and had a well earned nap... if I don't say so myself; however as many of you could probably imagine my 10 minute nap turned into a 2 hour sleep. So when I awoke I dived straight into 'Days of Blood and Starlight'; the sequel to 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone'; so I completed the first 85 pages before my niece and nephews arrived to drive me crazy until not too long ago. I love having them round but they don't half distract you from reading.

Read-a-thon Stats:
Total books complete: 7
Currently reading: 2
Left on original tbr: 0
Total pages today: 390 pages
Total pages: 1883 / 2667
 
I do hope that you are all having a wonderful read-a-thon; I would love to know how you are doing. And please don't forget to add me to your google+ circles or follow me on twitter (@marsh_hm) to get the posts as soon as they go live.
 
Many thanks and happy reading,
Helen x 

No comments:

Post a Comment