Wednesday 6 August 2014

Slump...

Since reading the first two novels of The Throne of Glass novels I haven't been able to sink my teeth into another novel because all I can think about is Heir of Fire and having to wait a whole month before I can devour it.

I have attempted to read 'Legend' by Marie Lu; and have found myself at a loss, each interaction I can see how Caelena and Chaol and Dorian would have handled it. Contstantly comparing characters and situations to The Throne of Glass to the characters of Legend and I know it is unfair and each book should be judged on its own merit but I just cant.

It has been too long since I have been so enthralled in a series that I haven't been able to focus on another series or even stand alone novel. The last series was the Twilight Saga reread and even though the films did not do the books justice I thought they were impressive reads. However this series seems to have gripped my imagination... I am in awe of Sarah J Maas and one day I hope to publish a novel as good as these.

Has anyone else found a series/ novel like this? I'd love to hear some of your recommendations.

Happy reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment