Tuesday 5 August 2014

BOUT OF BOOKS 11.0 IS HERE

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
 
 So my lovely readers are you ready for another read-a-thon???!!!!???? Hell Yeah!!!!!
 
So the aim for the Bout of Books read-a-thon is simple... to read more books in a week than you normally do. Well I average 2 books a week because of other commitments so I have set myself a simple TBR.
 
There is a total of five full books and a partial book... lets get into it!!!!
 
  1. The partial book is one I have almost complete however I have hit the imaginary wall when reading and have no drive to finish this story... and I am rather disappointed to say that this is Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan. I only have roughly 50 pages left of the book but like I have said I just cant push myself to finish even though I know the ending is amazing.
  2. The next book is the last in the original Percy Jackson series and that is the Last Olympian also by Rick Riordan and I have high hopes for the last book in this epic series. After completing this I will be doing a full series review which will be up in the week after Bout of Books.
  3. Next I have decided that I really need to read this series and even though I only have the first two books this read-a-thon is the perfect reason to start another series... and that is the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Series by Laini Taylor. I have only ever heard amazing things about this book and am utterly ashamed to not have read it yet. So the third book for the read-a-thon is obviously Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
  4. So naturally the next book is the second in the series and that is Days of Star and Moonlight by Laini Taylor which sounds amazing... I would also have the third book however I don't currently own the book and im waiting until October for any major book hauls and you know this will be in there!!!!
  5. Well this book is to fulfil a need of mine; I have just finished the first two books in the Throne of Glass series and am waiting here patiently (not so patiently) for Heir of Fire on September 2nd; well the fifth book for the read-a-thon is the four novellas for the Throne of Glass series in the book the Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas. No one understands my love for this series and the pain of having to wait... God knows what I'll be like waiting for the fourth book...
  6. The final book on my TBR is to fulfil a challenge I set myself in the BookTubeAThon challenge; and that is to read at least one crime novel in each read-a-thon... for this read-a-thon I have chosen Play to Kill by P.J. Tracy. This psychological crime novel sounds like its going to give me nightmares and I am looking for a crime novel that will really stick with you. Do you have any suggestions?

So what will all my lovely readers be reading for this read-a-thon?

No comments:

Post a Comment